- Ph.D. in Computer Engineering, University of Southern California
- M.S. in Computer Engineering, University of Southern California
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, University of Southern California
- CS111 Intro to Computer Science, freshman-level course
- CS353 Computer Organization, junior-level course
- CS485 Intro to Linux Kernel Programming, senior-level course
- CS650 Computer Architecture, graduate-level course
- CS698 Linux Kernel Programming, graduate-level course
- Building adaptive computing infrastructure
- Autonomous migration of Linux virtual machines
- Maximizing cluster utilization through virtualization
- S-J Lee, M. Jeon, D. Kim, A. Sohn, Partitioned Parallel Radix Sort, Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing 62, September 2002, pp.656-668.
- A. Sohn, Y. Kodama, J. Ku, M. Sato, Y. Yamaguchi, Tolerating communication latency through dynamic thread invocation in a multithreaded architecture, (Eds.) S. Pande and D. Argawal, Compiler Optimization for Scalable Parallel Systems, Springer 2001, pp.525-549.
- A. Sohn, Y. Paek, J. Ku, Y. Kodama, Y. Yamaguchi, Communication Studies of Three Distributed-Memory Multiprocessors, in Proc. of IEEE Symposium on High Performance Computer Architecture, Orlando, Florida, January 1999, pp.310-314. (Technical Report, NJIT CIS-98-3, May 1998.)
- A. Sohn and H. D. Simon, S-HARP: A Scalable Parallel Dynamic Partitioner for Adaptive Computations, in Proc. of Supercomputing 98, November 1998, Orlando, Florida. Presentation slides.
- A. Sohn and Y. Kodama, Load Balanced Parallel Radix Sort, in Proc. of the 12th ACM International Conference on Supercomputing, Melbourne, Australia, July 1998, pp.305-312. Presentation slides.
- A. Sohn, R. Biswas, Sepcial Issue on Dynamic Load Balancing, Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing 47, December 1997, pp.99-101.
- A. Sohn, Y. Kodama, J. Ku, M. Sato, H. Sakane, H. Yamana, S. Sakai, Y. Yamaguchi, Fine-Grain Multithreading with the EM-X Multiprocessor, in the Ninth ACM Symposium on Parallel Algorithms and Architectures, Newport, Rhode Island, June 1997, pp.189-198. The full version of this paper will be installed in the future.
- H. D. Simon, A. Sohn, and R. Biswas, HARP: A Dynamic Spectral Partitioner, Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing 50, April 1998, pp.88-103. (Also appeared in the Ninth ACM Symposium on Parallel Algorithms and Architectures, Newport, Rhode Island, June 1997, pp.43-52.) Four meshes prepared in color: Spiral and Barth5 in 8 partitions -- Hsctl and Mach95 in 8 partitions. The full version of this paper will be installed in the future.
- A. Sohn, M. Sato, N. Yoo, and J-L Gaudiot, Data and Workload Distribution in a Multithreaded Architecture, Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing 40, February 1997, pp.256-264
- A. Sohn, R. Biswas, and H. Simon, Impact of Load Balancing on Unstructured Adaptive Computations for Distributed-Memory Multiprocessors, in Proc. the Eighth IEEE Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Processing, New Orleans, Louisiana, October 1996, pp.26-33.
- A. Sohn, J. Ku, Y. Kodama, M. Sato, H. Sakane, H. Yamana, S. Sakai, and Y. Yamaguchi, Identifying the Capability of Overlapping Computation with Communication, in Proc. ACM/IEEE Conference on Parallel Architectures and Compilation Techniques, Boston, MA, October 1996, pp. 133-138.
- A. Sohn, Parallel Satisfiability Test with Synchronous Simulated Annealing, Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, August 1996, pp.195-204.
- A. Sohn, R. Biswas, and H. Simon, A Dynamic Load Balancing Framework for Unstructured Adaptive Computations on Distributed-Memory Multiprocessors, in Proceedings of the 8th ACM Symposium on Parallel Algorithms and Architectures, Padua, Italy, June 1996.
- A. Sohn, Parallel N-ary Speculative Computation of Simulated Annealing, IEEE Tranasctions on Parallel and Distributed Systems 6, October 1995, pp.997-1005.
- A. Sohn and H. Simon, JOVE: A dynamic load balancing framework for adaptive computations on an SP-2 distributed-memory multiprocessor, NJIT CIS Tech Report 94-40, September 1994.